Samples

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Words to Live By...

"Be Yourself...after all, everyone else is taken."

Have you ever wondered who you would be if you were born under a different star?  I used to wonder that all the time.  

What if...what if...what if...

I think that I wasted a lot of time wondering about all the "what ifs" and not accepting who I was as that given moment.  I realized as I got older that life is truly a journey and that sometimes I carried more baggage with me than I needed and at other times I didn't carry enough.

As we await the precious little ones and watch their parents struggle with the questions faced by all new parents I hope that I have been a good example of parenting and that it will come easy for them.  I hope they will be themselves as they are incredible adults just as they are and not get lost in the competition of parenting that may have them questioning who they are.


I used to try to be like all the ladies in the neighborhood - it is a fancy neighborhood and if anything, I am not a fancy lady.  I am just a lady that likes to make fancy things.  With that being said, my hands are always playing in the garden dirt planting flowers, digging up grass for a new garden, painting walls, painting windows, painting cards, painting my soul with colors that are bight and happy and shiny.  It is who I am.


I am rarely bored but find these fancy ladies and their painted finger nails and immaculate houses boring.  I would rather be on my bike with the wind in my hair than playing a game of bridge.  I have a clean house, but don't obsess over what the cleaning lady cleans with as I am my own cleaning lady...after all, who knows my house and my likes and dislikes better than myself.  Besides I am cheap and very capable of doing it myself!


So as I watch my children build their homes, have their babies, and build their lives, I hope they never spend as much time as I did wondering "what if..." but instead say "Thank heavens my parents were who they were so I could be what I am today....strong, capable, funny, creative, smart, athletic, or whatever they want to be that will make their lives as wonderful as I realize mine is and has been.

I hope that you have found a place inside yourself today that makes you feel good about all your accomplishments; that you can enjoy who you are, your likes, dislikes, and make friends with those who appreciate you just the way you are.

You are perfect just the way you are so get out there and be different!  Make the change in the world that you live in just by being yourself...that is more than enough!


Happy bugday!


Laura Anne and Bella Boo

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment