Samples

Monday, April 23, 2012

Bugawumps Newest Arrivals

Matt and his boys.
On Sunday, April 15th at 9:18a our son Matt and his wife Abra were surprised with the early arrival of their twin boys, Ryan Emerson (on the left) and Colin Patrick (on the right).

What a wonderful blessing(s)!  Both boys are a bit small but a good weight for twins and Mom is doing well considering she is sleep deprived as I write this. Dad is holding his own with a big smile and a good sense of humor!

Grandma Laura, the head Bugawump, is happy it happened before she heads out for the Akron Convention the last weekend in April so she can rest easy and give all you wonderful ladies her complete attention.

This is a huge week for the new mom and dad and their boys.  They are slowly trying to get on a schedule as they get to know one another and figure out how to be the parents they want to be.  They are all "new bees"!

The learning curve is a "happening", just like when you and I started stamping and creating works of art.  Remember the struggles?  Which ink to use? (Which diaper brand?) What do I do next? (What do I do when they cry?)  Should I use Copics, markers, pencils...? (Should I breast feed, formula, schedule feedings or on demand?)

You found your way through the maze of stamping options until you found "your" style.  They will find their groove as well as the four of them become a strong family unit.

I love this time - the new "bees" - the struggles make it "the best of times and the worst of times".  The human spirit is amazing as it works it way through the problems and finds its way to a solution.  Creativity and parenting go hand in hand.  

Color it magenta, aqua, or neon green.  Make it bright and happy and fun.  Stay away from the dark side and know that by the end of the hour, the day, month or year, you will have grown as an artist, a parent, or a grandparent! The struggle makes the goodness all the more worthwhile.

I love my grandboys, I love my children and their spouses, I love my stamps and I love my ability to see all the options. Open your eyes. Open your heart. Keep it light.  Keep it bright. Make it happy. It is yours to make whatever you wish!
  
May today be as bright as your favorite ink box and tomorrow even brighter.

Bugs and Kisses!

Laura Anne and Bella Boo


No comments:

Post a Comment