Samples

Friday, February 4, 2011

Show Me the "LOVE"


Valentine's Day is not always about pink and red and white or lavendar and purple, sometimes it is about being a true blue friend to those you care about.

So here is one of my favorite Bugawump cards to send out to my friends on Valentine's Day.

Stamp 346K - The Great Vine (only a portion of it) on the left hand side of a 4" x 5.25" of white cardstock.

Stamp 105F - Birthday Bug and 102F - Sweetie Pi under the sheltering leaves of The Great Vine.

Here's where you can use either Copics, Tombo's or colored pencils to color in your images. I tend to use a combination of both - first I lay down my marker color and then use my colored pencils for the shading. I just like that look better than the two dimensional look of the Copics.

Sponge in the background with Vivid's Sky Blue and enhance with a darker dye based blue around the edges. Lately I have taken to using my wonderful new Pan Pastels for the these types of sponged looked backgrounds, but since this card is from one of my original designs, I don't want to lead you astray but just suggest that maybe in the future you may want to pursue these chalks for your larger background color.

Stamp over the blue background with a star stamp (sorry, our cluster star stamp is no longer available) in the same Vivid Sky Blue that was originally used for sponging.

Layer, layer and then send it out to your favorite girl friend or sister or coworker....whatever!

Just don't forget to sign it with "made with LOVE" by yours truly "BUGCAUSE" everyone needs a little love in their hearts as well as their mailboxes this Valentine's Day!

Happy Bugday to All!

Laura Anne and Bella Boo


No comments:

Post a Comment