Samples

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Count Down Begins.....


The countdown has begun for the wedding.

All the little things that need to be finished await me every morning as the list grows longer and the days to the wedding get shorter.

The good news is that wedding will go on regardless of what is done and what isn't.
I don't fool myself - I am keeping my sanity and getting my sleep regardless of the list as I know things will go wrong and that this is the stuff good stories come from like "The Cookies from Hell" or "Gonzo's Tuxedo - The Long and Short of Shirt Sleeves".

I think my favorite wedding story is that of a friend who came from an extremely large family who had tricksters for bothers. The brothers took a permanent marker and wrote on the bottom of his shoes "SAVE" and "ME" unbeknownst to the groom, the bride or their parents. As the groom knelt down at the alter with his beautiful bride, the words appeared and the congregation let out a huge laugh while the parents let out huge gasps.
Needless to say, the wedding still went on and the couple is still as fun loving as ever.

My other favorite story is my son's wedding - he is a sweet heart and a tease as well and kept telling me we didn't need bows on the chairs down the aisle - it was a waste of money, time, blah, blah, blah.

Being me, I ignored him and forged ahead getting lost in mountains of tulle and ribbon. Ours is not a pretty church; it is a functional meeting space and I wanted my son and daughter-in-law to be to have their wedding as pretty as possible. As he and I walked down the aisle on a cold January afternoon, the setting sun beamed its golden rays through the high windows and the dust borne air particles sparkled down upon us, he grinned as he looked at me, his eyes twinkling and said, "You were right Mom, we needed the bows.". He and I had many other wonderful moments that night that are just between us, but you get my drift.

We make it as perfect for our children as we can and then let the flower petals fall as they may.

As the bride and groom get closer to their day, I will work towards it with love in my heart, tears in my eyes and a wish for them that their life together is as beautiful as their wedding day.

Hoping your day is full of happy memories and warm fuzzy thoughts.

Laura Anne and Bella Boo, the flower puppy

No comments:

Post a Comment