Samples

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Cloudy weather, storm front approaching...

I am seriously hoping that there is a silver lining behind the clouds that seem to be hovering over me.

My creative energy has been sapped - well at least for now.

Clarissa Pinkola Estes, a well known psychologist who has written many self-help books, states that when one is having difficulties in their life, that is not the time to work on the hard stuff, but rather the time to sit quietly and wait until you feel healthy and ready to step out again. 

So, this is where I am - sitting inside of myself, hoping that the chaos and turmoil that surround me because I am unable to continue doing what I have always done finds a resolution on its own.  While others around me try to change my stance, I am the only one who knows what my limits are, physical as well as emotional. 

I am not always as healthy as I would like; I am not always as giving as I would like to be; I am not always able to say "yes" to all who need something.  Still, I give as much as I can and try to see the beauty within all who pull at my heartstrings.

Life changes.  Priorities change.  Hopefully people will change as well - to grow, to learn, to understand that what once was, is no longer a viable option.  Responsibility lies within each and every one of us to be our own advocates, our own friend, our own master.

So as the day continues to grow cloudier and darker and the storm front gets closer with loud thunderous booms and the lightening strikes with an angry force that cannot be denied, I will hug my children, my grandchildren, my husband, and my puppy with strong arms, a true heart, and the conviction to move my life forward in hopes that when the storm is over, I will be on the other side of a rainbow that proves how true my colors were to those who were not only truthful, but also true to me.

Listen - the rain is not far behind.......

Hoping that tomorrow is a brighter more beautiful day for all of you!

It will be for me as I am the maker of own life.

Laura Anne and Bella Boo, the most wonderfully warm puppy on this planet



No comments:

Post a Comment